Counselling: Assessment & Treatment Planning
HeartQuest’s highly skilled and effective counsellors educate and provide solutions to help clients move toward effective problem solving.
During the first session, we conduct a Clinical Assessment which will result in the creation of an Individualized Treatment Plan. Referrals to other community resources are made when appropriate.
Our substance abuse counselling approach integrates psycho-therapeutic addiction counselling with life skill development, coping skills training and, emotional and mental wellness techniques.
Our primary focus is to develop and foster a relationship that promotes and sustains motivation for change. Our approach is client centered, empathetic and flexible to address the needs of the individual. We place a strong emphasis in developing a positive alliance in a non-judgmental environment.
Objectives of our addiction counselling approach:
- To develop, educate and teach new coping mechanisms
- To educate the individual on how to break addictive cycles
- To establish total abstinence from all mood altering drugs and/or chemicals
- To develop a supportive role, helping the individual troubleshoot, reflect and implement positive behavior patterns
HeartQuest also offers Counselling related to:
- Treatment Case ManagementRelapse Prevention & Recovery Coaching
- Anger Management and Conflict Resolution Counselling
- Personal Issues Counselling
- Self Regulation Therapy and Trauma Counselling
HeartQuest provides counselling / consultation via telephone and the Internet for out of town clients.
Call us to inquire about our fees. We will work with you to create a plan that works for you.